Last modified: 4 29 2019
Morgan and Company Media, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.morganandco.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and customers); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and customers), including through any application or content (including advertising), regardless of whether that application or content links to or is accessible from our Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to our Website. We do not knowingly collect any contact information or other personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not access or use any information on our Website or register for our newsletter, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received contact information or other personally identifiable information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name and e-mail address (“contact information”)
- That may be combined with other information to identify you, such as metadata about your computer, websites you access, usage details, IP addresses, information collected from cookies or other tracking technologies, or other information (“identifying metadata”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include identifying metadata.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners which include, without limitation, Google LLC, Hubspot, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and Outbrain, Inc.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter or other publications. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of how you access our newsletter, how you access our Website, and how you interact with our advertisements.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect identifying metadata, including without limitation, certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, the identity of the pages you access, traffic data, the time you visited each page, location data (including, without limitation, geolocation data associated with your IP address), and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We may use this information, including, without limitation, to target advertisements to you. Our Website does not directly collect identifying metadata, so there is no way for you to opt out of our direct collection of any identifying metadata. Rather, we collect identifying metadata through our business partners. The following table provides links to each of our business partners’ opt-out instructions:
Google Analytics: https://myaccount.google.com/privacycheckup/7?utm_source=pp
The information we collect automatically does not include contact information, but we may maintain it or associate it with identifying metadata we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Advertise to you or to others.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Device fingerprinting is the collection of information about a remote computing device for the purpose of uniquely identifying that device. Fingerprinting includes, without limitation, the collection of browser characteristics that vary from device to device, such as the user agent string, the browser plugins available, system fonts available, information about the screen, as well as other information to create a “fingerprint” of a device. This fingerprint may be used to associate two or more visits to our Website. Fingerprinting may be used to uniquely identify and track you.
We do not collect contact information automatically, but we may tie the foregoing information to contact information about you that you provide to us or other personally identifying information that we collect from other sources.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used, except that, in some circumstances, we may use these third parties to advertise to you or others. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any contact information or other personally identifiable information:
- To provide you with our newsletter or other publications.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we elect to advertise to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, including you, without restriction.
- To our affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Morgan and Company Media, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which contact information or other personally identifiable information held by Morgan and Company Media, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your contact information or other personally identifiable information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any contract we may have with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Morgan and Company Media, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, we make no promises that we will so exchange information; and we make no promise, and hereby DISCLAIM, that we will protect you from fraud or credit risk harm.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the contact information or other personally identifiable information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your contact information or other personally identifiable information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com. If you send us such a request, we will not send you our newsletter or other publications.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request a copy of your contact information or to request that we correct or delete your contact information or other personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your Additional Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your contact information or other personally identifiable information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of contact information or other personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Other laws may permit other users of our Website to make similar requests. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Morgan & Co.
Attn: Privacy Rights
4407 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
We have implemented reasonable commercial measures designed to secure your personally identifiable information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The methods we use are not as robust or as effective as that used by banks, insurance companies, or other large enterprises. The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take commercially reasonable steps to protect your contact information and identifying metadata, we cannot and do not guarantee the security or privacy of your contact information or your identifying metadata, or any personally identifiable information transmitted to, collected on, by, or on behalf of our Website (including, without limitation, any information collected by our business partners). Any transmission of contact information, identifying metadata, or any personally identifiable information is at your own risk. Except to the extent of our commercially reasonable steps to protect your contact information, identifying metadata, or any personally identifiable information, any collection thereof is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Morgan & Co.
Attn: Privacy Rights
4407 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119
Or by telephone at:
Or by email at:
4819-8579-6235, v. 4